Monday, April 23, 2012

Endorsement: Jean Calderwood for Alachua County Commission

Alachua County has been my home since 1973. At age 36 I was suddenly widowed with no life insurance and three very young sons to raise. Living in the City of Alachua and having a decent job, a safe community, quality schools, place of worship, affordable day care and youth recreation programs were the mainstays of making it through a very difficult financial and emotional time.

Fast forward to 2012, now 62, happily married to Dr. Hugh Calderwood and blessed with grandchildren, I am willing to work to help provide the same opportunities afforded me to all citizens in Alachua County.

I have worked in the private and public sector with experience in management, real estate and conservation acquisition. I served as Mayor and Commissioner in the City of Alachua, as well as a member of the Planning & Zoning Board.

Volunteering at the City’s Rec Center while my sons were young was the impetus for my getting involved in politics. I became an advocate for quality of life issues and took an active role in the community.

Some of my achievements and recognitions include:

•Past President Alachua Chamber of Commerce
•Past President Alachua Women’s Club
•Past Co-Chair,Mebane Middle School Advisory Committee
•Recipient of Volunteer of the Year Award
•Recipient of Business Leader of the Year Award
•Recipient of Helping Hands Award
•Member, Military Support Group of Alachua County
•Member, Ducks Unlimited
•Member, Alachua Chamber Christmas Parade Committee

Let's Help Jean get elected.

Her website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...