Friday, March 28, 2014

The sensitivity HERD won't let this rest: Kobe’s Reason for Not Wearing a Hoodie for Trayvon Has Driven Left Into a Twitter Rage


kobe-bryant-30000

The recent firestorm over basketball star Kobe Bryant’s comments on the Trayvon Martin case has revealed that the country is far from over the controversial case. It all started when Bryant told Colorlines that he felt that the Miami Heat’s donning of hoodies in support of Martin showed a lack of “progress:”
I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American,” he said. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well, we’ve progressed as a society, then don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”

READ MORE 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...