Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The hypocrisy of Barack Obama

Question: Who said it? 

“We’ve got a government that was designed by the Founders with checks and balances. You don’t want a president that is too powerful, a congress that is too powerful, a court that is too powerful. Everybody’s got their own role. Congress’s job is to pass legislation. The president can veto it or sign it. But what George Bush has been doing as a part of his effort to accumulate more power in the presidency is he's been saying well I can basically change what congress passed by attaching a letter that says I don’t agree with this part or that part. I’m going to choose to interpret it this way or that way. That’s not part of his power, but this is part of the whole theory of George Bush that he can make laws as he goes along. I disagree with that. I taught the Constitution for 10 years. I believe in the Constitution and I will obey the Constitution of the United States.”

Answer: On May 19, 2008, Senator Obama complained about President Bush’s use of signing statements to affect the implementation of a law passed by Congress. A questioner at the campaign event asked “do you promise not to use signage to get your way.”


What countries' constitution did you teach Barry?  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...